Thursday, December 4, 2008

O'er the Fields We Go....!















I went to the barn tonight to check on Mikey's eye. It looks GREAT! I didn't even put the eye cream on because it looks so normal and fine that I didn't think it needed it. The sutures are loosening up and I believe in a few days I may attempt to take them out!

I spotted my jinglebells hanging on a hook. Hmmm.

Last year at this time I told Jay that all I wanted for Christmas was a string of jingle-bells. Sooo he went to the tack and feed store of the one and only Brenda Messick! and she lined him up with a beautiful set of jingles just for me!

That night he presented them to me and I immediately ran out to try them on my Johnnie. He didn't give a flip. I grabbed his bridle and Jay caught Buck and we went for a moonlit snow ride with my bells a dingling.

When we got back to the yard, Jay slid off Buck and I stood there holding both horses. I slipped the bells off Johnnie's neck and slipped them on to Buck. Then I hopped across from Johnnie to Buck and we mosied around the yard for a while. It was so fun!

Buck was wondering "(yawn) what now?" and Johnnie was bored lol. I do love the photo Jay got of us that night though. It's special because EVERY picture of Johnnie is special.


Tonight I snagged my bells off the hook and jinged them at Mike. He looked at them, but didn't flinch. I touched him with them... nothing. So I slipped them over his head. LOL... nothing.

Once he realized there was something ON him that was making noise he backed up. When he got to the wall he figured he should investigate so he turned his head around to see if they were something he could eat. The pictures are sucky because of barn orbs, but he pleased me by his tolerance of one more new thing.












Maggie did NOT like them (snort). I hung them in her stall while I was out there. I jingled them at her. I tossed them on the ground so she could investigate on her own. Nope... nothin' doin'. There was no panic but there was certainly no "Ooooo look at the purdies" either.

Man, it was cold out though. Even in the barn I was freezing, so our jingle lesson was cut short by my lack of insulation. Next time! coveralls :-)

2 comments:

Lulu said...

I want some bells!

Nosnikta said...

Have Deb Welch tell you her story about jingle bells lmao.