Monday, December 8, 2008

How Do You See Yourself?

My husband and I were at a company function last weekend. A friend brought his new girlfriend whom I had never met. Hubby made some comment about "your twin over there". Once I figured out who he was talking to I guffawed. She's very cute if you like Bratz dolls. I had to laugh because I was dressed to the hilt in business suit, full makeup, perfect hair, and tall black heels. I sure don't see many Bratz dolls in that attire. Maybe if they dressed one up as an attorney-looking image???? dunno.

Most of the time I see myself as a Cabbage Patch doll. Cute, funny, a little floopy most of the time. If I sit too long, I flop over. People like to hug me, and my hair is always a mess.






The image I like to think of myself as is the strong as steel, mean as a snake, don't fuck with me type of woman. I walk around with a pissed off look on my face and little do people know that at any given moment I can burst into a gale of laughter that sails through the noise of a crowded room with the ease of goo through a goose.

If I had lived in the 1800s, I surely would be the woman with the gun. Mean and tough in a way that would make women run and make men step aside in hat-tipping admiration. Loyal to the marrow of her bones and able to dole out vengeance to those who brought harm to her loved ones. Heck... bring on 2009 because that's the way I like to think of myself. :-)

I like the fact that my husband thinks I'm a sexy trampy looking thing at times, but that's really not the image I'm shooting for.
Gimme the gun ;-)

No comments: