Saturday, December 6, 2008

Gotta Have It... WANNA Have It




For all my riding life, I've hauled around a 2-horse bumper pull trailer and that was GREAT! Dad bought a small blue and white something or other that I pulled the heck out of in my teens and that dang thing is still around. It has been sandblasted, repainted, painted again, the floor replace, a door replaced because a 2yo and I managed to rip it off the hinges and it still keeps on kicking. I've taken it down the road and patched tire leaks with bubble gum.

We since bought another 2-horse bumper pull that is much newer and much taller than my old stand-by, but it still doesn't help when Jay, Ness, and I all wish to go ride together. When we all go, or Ness needs more than two horses at a show that means we hook up two vehicles and hit the road.

Wellllllll that just doesn't make much sense, does it now? Noooooooooooooo! you might say in chorus with my sing-songing.

Sooooooooo! I've been on the lookout for a good deal on an ultra nice big-ass trailer! (grin)

I am convinced that we need LQ because let's face it... when we're at a show there are times when you just need to hide out, plop your butt down somewhere out of the sun, in the cool air, and close the door. In addition, if you wish to drive more than two hours away from home for an adventurous trail-ride, it would be really cool if you could just pull up, hook up, and plan to camp out for the night, relax, maybe ride some more in the morning and then head home! Am I right? huh? HUH?

So here I found the PERFECT trailer for us. It's a 30' long 5 horse with ultimate LQ for a very reasonable price. Jay is ever-so hesitant about spending money and he thinks that we can still get by with the 2-horse and sleep in the bed of the truck. That's fine and dandy with me, but omgosh! I have friends who like to go toooooooo!

So I decided that if I get this trailer, then Deb, Marie, Clarissa, and I can easily fit in the gooseneck bed, the girls can comfortably sleep on the fold-out sofabed and Jay, Dan, and Rich can hear us just fine when they are either in the cab of the truck or in sleepy-bags in a tent outside the LQ door lmao.

So what's the argument???????? Heck! I sure can't figure it out!

He thinks that this is too much trailer to pull with our 3/4T pickup. Pshaw I say. When we first got married he bought a giant 3/4T and I saw no need for it. His reasoning was the fact that someday we may need to pull something.

TA DAAAAAAAAA! Now we have a different 3/4T but it still has the same destiny, right?

In any case (wow, I say that a lot)..... I think I need this trailer. Doo and I look so good in the window! and my horses look happy peeking out drop-downs. Yes, I do believe it's destiny. :-)

2 comments:

Horses Are Our Lives said...

And poor Jay is outside doing all the work! Actually, I'm thinking of a new trailer, too, so I'm on the same wavelength as you! Scary, huh? hey...buy my 4horse and turn it into a LQ!!!

btw, you have too much free time on your hands if you have time for all the extra "art" work! lol

Nosnikta said...

This trailer is only $11,500 right now on auction. I'm sure I won't get it... Jay's such a tease. That's why he's outside doing all the work HA HA HA.

Me? too much time? lol.. no, it's just a matter of me doing things I want to do rather than things I SHOULD be doing! :-P

You and me on the same wavelenght... definitely scarey lmao!