Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Gift Horse




I always heard you shouldn't look a gift horse in the mouth. I never really knew what it meant until tonight but my gawd it made me laugh when I saw it! Ok, so that's really not what it means, but it was certainly entertaining to me.

Mikey is notorious for trying to grab articles of clothing off your body or anything you lay around. I've been working on space issues with him because I really don't want him to be a puppy-dog who thinks he can sit on my lap and get his belly rubbed. We brought him home in late June or early July and he's been affectionate. Since we've put him in the barn to recover from eye surgery he's been horribly/wonderfully affectionate!

Jay thinks it's funny. I'm laughing at Jay waiting for him to get pissed and yell when he gets his ear bitten off lol. We will then have to change his name to Earl and drop the L.

Last night Mike tried to snatch Jay's hat off his head. Tonight Mike was nosing Jay's ear. I gave a loud "ahem".... and reminded him "remember the feel of his teeth on the bill of your cap?... well that's what you're going to feel ON YOUR EAR if you continue to think this is funny!"

It was really funny though. Mike and Jay were making kissy lips at one another. To all you horse personality analysis folks.. what exactly does this mean?????? To me I see "Gross, your ear tastes icky and your breath stinks." (shrug) But it's still FREAKING CUTE LOLOLOL.

Mike's eye is healing really really well (as you can see in the photos) and I really have to wonder what type of horse he'll grow in to. I read someone else's blog today about puppy-dog horses and how a woman taught her weanling how to jump up and put it's front legs on her shoulders. Dumb woman didn't stop to think that the was going TO GROW! I won't let Mike do that because, let's face it... he'd squarsh me.
I DO look forward to his curious and friendly behaviour though. I had my doubts about him for a while. He grew a giant hay belly and he was such a goofball looking thing that I was wondering if I would win the Fugly award if I ever took him anywhere. He's really blossoming right now though. Funny that an injury brought this out in him. Weird.

But Mike is so fun and cute, and he is beginning to respect my elbow in his face. Now if I can convince him that Jay's lips really aren't that fascinating we'll be good to go lmao.

Enjoy the photos. :-)

No comments: