Tuesday, December 2, 2008

BLOOD PRESSURE!!!!! GAH!


Here I am sitting at my desk in my cute little very cluttered office, MINDING my own business while working away like a happy little clam and a Sheriff's deputy walks in asking "Are you Pam?"

The blood simulatenously drains and rushes from and to my face and my heart jumps to my throat. My mind is racing "Omg... what now???????" I gulp and say "yessss?" and I feel like a cartoon character that has dialog bubbles with arrows pointing at my head screaming in neon "GUILTY! GUILTY! GUILTY! GUILTY!" on one side and "I DIDN'T DO IT, I DIDN'T DO IT, I DIDN'T DO IT!" on the other side.

It turns out the dude just needed some info on quantities of fuel that were delivered to a customer back in September that have allegedly been stolen.

By that time it was too late and my blood pressure was screeching through the top of my head like the end-of-day whistle on the Flintstones when it's time for Fred and Barney to head home from a long day at the quarry.

GAAHHHHHHHH!

Then to make matters worse, I look on this person's account and see that he had been credited back for the gas and diesel he was originally billed for. What the heck? Hmmmm, working in the insurance industry for over 13 years has made me a huge crime-fighter against insurance fraud so I asked the deputy if he would hang tight while I investigated this further! I marched away before he could answer me.

When I came back with copies of tickets and made a couple of phone calls he was trying not to giggle at me. By then I had regained some composure but still felt like an idiot because I just KNOW he could see the terror on my face when he walked into my office. He apologized repeatedly and then laughed at the idea that someone could easily haul away 400 gallons of fuel. I was still nervous and let out a huge HA HA HA HA kind of like Monica on Friends when Chandler is faking laughter at his boss. (sigh) gawd, I'm such a dork.

I sooooooooo wish I was better at hiding my emotions! People who think I'm a sneaky conniver have NEVER seen that side of me. I suck at poker too.

Since I've had this stinking cold, all I can hear very well is the pounding of my heart through my ears. It sounds like a bass drum in my head right now! If I only had a tamborine to ring a few bells in there, we could start a band.

Harmonica anyone?

2 comments:

Tammy Vasa said...

I am a cops kid! And they still make me nervous!

Nosnikta said...

I almost stuck my hands out crying "Cuff me... cuff me now!!!!"

Waaaaaaaaaah!

I think they get a kick out of making us nervous. UGH!