Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Trolls

Most hardcore trolling is mocking people for being, well, human beings who dare to do things trolls find unacceptable, like be female, have hobbies, grieve dead loved ones, or have the audacity to have more fun in life than they do.

Yes, sometimes I'm ridiculous... and yes, sometimes I'm sad. Sometimes I'd even go so far as to say I'm ridiculously sad! But I'm certainly not sad enough to go around posting rude remarks about people while hiding behind an anonomyous moniker. Pot... kettle... black.

Why am I writing this, you ask? It seems I got my first fan mail yesterday on a post that was really designed from the realization that my three daughters have grown up in a blink of an eye. My two older daughters are in their 20s and have their own lives in which they prefer to remain private. My youngest daughter still lives at home and is a huge part of the horse-side of this family.

Nowwwwwwww... one may think "Hmmmmm this blog is all about horses!" Why yes, it is!! This blog was inspired by several hundred of my fellow horsewomen friends with the idea of posting my silly stories and adventures about horses in my life. It wasn't created to brag about how my oldest daughter is a successful architect, or that my middle daughter is in her third year of college majoring in actuarial science. No... it's about horses in our lives and how happy I am that my youngest daughter is able to share that passion with me.

Now, because someone who seeks out my blog in a lame attempt to find something to pick out as ammunition (for what.. I have yet to unveil), I suddenly have fan mail! WHOOPEEEEEEEE!

This is really quite flattering!

What I find most interesting is the fact that I would never even consider writing something rude like that to or about someone else. Yet, here we have someone who obviously can't read or interpret the English language. I put lots of pictures in there for people like that... but sometimes not even that helps.

Horses happen to be a bond that allows the three members of this household to do things they enjoy TOGETHER as a family. If that's so wrong, then yes.. I must be ridiculous and sad. I rather doubt it.

3 comments:

Tammy Vasa said...

Laughing.... obviously your "fan" is one who likes to stir the pot, too. I've been out of high school 30 years this year! Some people never graduate.

As one who encouraged you to start a blog, you are capturing your horse life & family life.

Nosnikta said...

I'm really not worthy of a fan such as this. Really!

So be it. :-)

Good Hands said...

I decided a long time ago I'd rather be judged by the company I keep than the company I do not . . .

:-)