Saturday, February 21, 2009

Growing and Growing Older

I just recently learned that my oldest daughter is getting hitched. She is in love with a very nice young man and I'm thrilled for her. It's bittersweet, however, because it made me think about how old I'm getting and how fast my girls have grown.


My youngest will be 12 years old next month and while I was looking at some old pictures today, it dawned on me just how much she's grown in just the last few years. I'm so very proud of her and she's growing into a beautiful young woman. But, again.. it's bittersweet because I know that "tomorrow" she'll be announcing that she's off to get hitched as well.

She and her closest friend are really turning in to beautiful young women and very capable young horsewomen. When they don't need us anymore what ever will I do with myself?????




I guess I'll wait for grandbabies to watch grow too.

In the meantime..... we will ride.





7 comments:

TG said...

Pam-
Don't you have a third daughter? It is unfortunate that your horses appear to be more precious to you than your daughters. Ridiculous, and sad.

Nosnikta said...

Yes, I have a third daughter and she prefers to have her life remain private.

You obviously missed the point of this post so I will forgive you your rudeness.

And since you obviously know my name yet choose to hide your identity, I can not remotely respect your opinion.

But hey! thanks for reading!

Unknown said...

Call me crazy, but I think this blog is about a horse family! And I see pictures of young girl and her horse. Sounds like TG has her own agenda. She's a troll.

Nosnikta said...

That's "Krazy" with a capital K! HA!

(digs in her back seat for the trolling motor and the billy goat)

Thank you, bayhorse.

Horses Are Our Lives said...

I thought your post was exactly what you said it was going to be about: watching kids grow up! And in a horse family, as the kids grow up, it's all about horses too!!! Geez....all of us who are horse lovers talk more about our horses than our kids when we are around other horse lovers! keep telling your stories! Your horse friends love them!!!

Nosnikta said...

Thank you Brenda.

Horses are a huge part of our lives and if someone doesn't like that or me... then they don't have to read what I write.

My words aren't set to hurt anyone. My words are for fun and entertainment. So for someone to be rude about that tells me they lead a very sad life.

I like sharing my stories. I'm glad you enjoy them :-)

nitnoi said...

Dang I wish my mom was more like you, If had been interestee in horses maybe our relationship would have been close. As I can see with your daughter, you go girl!!