Saturday, February 28, 2009

The Dogs

It snowed last night. On average we got probably 3" of snow. Some areas drifted in to maybe a foot. Not so bad really. The big dogs were blasting through it playing and scooping up bitefuls as they ran.

Shaddick, the Doberman, looooooooves to run. And for a short-haired dog, he loves the snow too. He was having a blast. Lou, the Mastiff/GSD, doesn't mind the snow at all. Shaddick tried to get him to play.

Chandler is my tiny Yorkie. He weighs about 4.5 pounds soaking wet. Ordinarily I don't let him out while I'm doing chores because his focus is being near me and he's not very smart about staying out of the way of hooves.

He had snuck out when I left the house. The snow kept him on the deck for quite a while. At least I knew where he was at all times because he was barking at me.

I was filling a water tank when I realized the barking had stopped. Hmmmm. I turned toward the house and found Chandler trying to get to me. LOLOLOL... I felt bad for him, but he was so determined he ran straight through a drift and got stuck! I couldn't help but laugh at him.



Finally he couldn't get any further so I scooped him up and set him on the ground next to me. He looked so pathetic and cold that I took pity and unzipped my coat. I stuffed him in between my outer coat and my bibbies. He rode there for the next hour as I finished chores.

By the time we finished, he had stopped shivering and had slid down far enough that I could barely see him.

2 comments:

Good Hands said...

Finally, I did some clean up on my PC and got my links to work!! Do love the photos, Pam. I love your photos, they really capture the spirit of your four legged friends!

Nosnikta said...

YAY! A COMMENT!!!! LOL

And a nice one... no nasties! :-)