Saturday, May 9, 2009

2009 Annual Friday Before Mother's Day Ride

Mom and Dad rode the entire 14.7 miles! WOO HOO!!!!! I'm sunburned and happily sore. They were going to go home and soak in the tub. Mom was so cute. She is so accepting to anything I tell her. She was a little worried that she would be the only one wearing a helmet. HA HA HA I said.... noooooo no no no... you won't be the only one... TRUST me on that. And she toted that thing the whole day. I felt bad for her about 3/4 into the ride because I knew she was feeling the pain... but she was a trooper. And I think she's pretty danged proud she did it.

When we got back, Deb and I were whining about our sore spots... then Deb said "Here we are whining and your Dad isn't whining a peep." So she went and asked him how he felt. He kinda groaned and nodded and said he was sore.. but he didn't whine!!!!!! HA! Cuz, ya know... there's no whining in horses! :-D

I learned there were a total of 128 riders.

Naturally, I didn't get pictures of everyone. I didn't even SEE my friend "TV" until we crossed the big bridge at the end of the ride. Heck, I didn't even see my HUSBAND other than the beginning.... the middle... and then the end. And not even then so much as he was having too much fun socializing with everyone! Vanessa found a gold horseshoe and the gift bags are GREAT! Thanks to those who donated! Deb made me laugh like she always does. Delisa said my butt looked good in these jeans (lol).

Terri was kind enough to hang with me the first half of the ride to help watch out for Ma and Pa. It was great riding with her. I only get to see her a few times a year, and it's like we've been friends all our lives. We missed our other friend, Colleen... but we talked about her! Terri's horse, Donovan, is a sweet guy.

Oh! Vanessa is completely in love with Tanya's Cinc. She even swept him away after dinner and rode him around bareback for a while. She threatened to sneak LG into Tanya's trailer and take Cinc and see if Tanya would notice the difference. I must admit... I really like Cinc too and would be thrilled to have that boy in my herd. Judging by this picture, it appears Jay's liking the scenery too! HA HA! One cool thing about my friend, Tanya is the fact that while she's so pretty, she's such a fun nut that we just can't hate her for being beautiful. :-) Besides.. I have pictures of her climbing out of a dumptser (snort!)


Janie started out pretty high and excited but she was steady and reliable on the 2nd leg of the trip. She and I even went trailing on our own when I told Ma and Pa to stay up on the limestone on the way back in some areas. She did me proud. One step closer to perfect, right?

It was great seeing everyone. I spent some time with Marie and her family after the ride. Her G-ma is a hoot and her Mom and Aunt are hysterical. Aunt Amy arranged for a horse for Marie's Mom to ride.... but she failed to tell her he was just a 3yo. Julie rode that horse like he was seasoned because she didn't know any better... and he went along with it!!! lmao. "sisters" (snort)... ya gotta love 'em. That just goes to show ya... a lot of it is in how you anticipate the ride will go. I thought it was most cleverly funny! :-)


I'm sunburned and sore today and it feels great.

No comments: