Thursday, April 30, 2009

What a Good Boy!

Wink was hanging out watching the action in the yard with my Mom and daughter playing with some trail obstacles. So when they headed out for another round through the field, I snagged up a halter and got the boy out.

I led him over the 4x4, over the planks, over the logs.... then tied on the lead and led him over the steps to climb on. I'm really enjoying this colt. His whoa is getting a lot better and that danged boy walked right over the planks for me without any hesitation.

We still have some "give" issues but not very much. He's bending for me, he's whoaing pretty good, and he even backed a few steps for me with just a nylon halter and some thigh pressure!

Spike squealed at him once and Wink skittered behind me to save him lmao. But that's ok. Spike got over it, and they will soon realize that they will be long-mile trail partners.
I HAD A FREAKING BLAST TONIGHT! Look at the one picture where Spike and Annie are watching Wink go over the planks lmao. I think it's hilarious.


I look like a giant cow riding this tall narrow colt, but he has a lot of growing to do and I plan to shrink (gotta stay away from the donuts smothered in strawberries and cream).

Man, I had fun tonight. Fun, fun fun!!!!!!!!

No comments: